Lake Chapala tourism

Chapala

Chapala

Chapala has become a tourist paradise in Mexico do to the beauty of its landscapes, local cuisine, but mostly because the lake is surrounded by typical Mexican towns. In addition, the destination is nominated by National Geographic as the second best climate in the world, temperatures here are quite pleasant throughout the year, and even better, without extreme highs and lows with temperatues means the 70 and 80 F. Lake Chapala offers endless opportunities for recreation throughout the year and leisure activities for residents and visitors, such as walking, hiking, sailing, water skiing, golf, tennis and horseback riding, among others.

Chapala

Lake Chapala tourismLake Chapala, the largest in Mexico, is a nature reserve protected by RAMSAR which has an approximate area of ​​114 600 hectares, is located between the states of Jalisco, which includes 86 percent of the lake’s surface, and Michoacan, containing the remaining 14%. The lake is 80 kilometers long and 30 kilometers wide. Chapala is located 80 km south of Guadalajara.

On the shore of the lake, you will find rows of stalls, street markets, galleries, and shops in the area. Antiques, furniture, tapestries, glassware, lamps, wrought iron furniture, masks, pottery, jewelry, art and crafts of all kinds are sold here. In fact, the Lake Chapala area is fast becoming the craft vendors.

Chapala

Along the lake there are several towns such as Chapala, famous for the production of textiles; Ajijic with a rustic atmosphere and a unique community of artists; Chula Vista and San Juan Cosala, known for its spas, beautiful springs and thermal spas.

Lake Chapala Ajijic AreaIn this picturesque lake are two islands, one known as the Island of the Scorpions (by the way), where in addition to the landscape, you can also enjoy delicious local dishes and singing with the mariachis. The second island known as Mezcala Island or Presidio is a national monument that has magnificent ruins of an ancient fortress where Mexican forces fought against the Spanish Army. Inside the lake are two islands, one called the Isle of Mezcala and other Island of the Scorpions with delicious restaurants and Mescala island called The Presidio of its fortified building used by insurgents in the final stage of the War of Independence yet well preserved.

Ajijic
Ajijic is a typical population of the Rivera del Lago. Village of adobe houses with roofs of corrugated tiles and elegant cottages, cobbled streets, a beach with a pier and plenty of shops handscrafts. There are beautiful views of the lake in Ajijic and one of the best climates in the world.

Chapala

Chapala Tour

 

6 thoughts on “Chapala

  1. HavnPhun

    Very Nice!…Greetings from Mobile, Alabama USA!!!

    Reply
  2. ultraligerosmexico

    Hello there i hope you enjoy the video

    Reply
  3. ferdysbazar

    Hi, ultraligerosmexico! A very nice video, that has been giving me the opportunity to fly once again together with you… Heartly greatings and congratulation from Germany, Ferdinand

    Reply
  4. marketinguru2012

    WOW thanks suscribe to the chanel i will updating new flight comming up

    Reply

Leave a Reply or a comment